Sunday, May 22, 2011

No racing this weekend!

Hello everyone, since last weekend I think it's fair to say I've had a pretty solid weeks training. Nice 3 day block mid-week and nice rides over the weekend as I had no racing! So lets get this started..

As I said the week consisted of a solid 3 day block. Don't want to give too many details (wink, wink) but I'll tell ye about Thursday! Thursday was "Sport's Day" in school, so I decided to give it a skip and get in some training instead. It wasn't even about the training but more about keeping injury free. Just can't risk it! In the morning I went for an easy ride with Dave and raced the "St. Finbarr's" league that night in Cork. The race went well, got in the break pretty much from the start. Don't even know how it got away but I guess I was just in the right place at the right time (Pity it's not the same on Sundays!). For the rest of the race roughly 8 of us worked well and I think I ended up 6th, although the result isn't really important, the main thing is I got some good training in, solid day! Some shots of the retro Fermoy kit I wore Thursday night (Sorry for the bad quality) :

rknpp.jpg
 
mkmpf.jpg

My back has come around and everything is ok, my body is in decent condition and I'm super happy about this as getting an injury at this time of year would be a disaster! Happy days.

The rest of the week was uneventful. With a nice rides today and yesterday, no fun stories to tell this time unfortunately. But I did manage to purchase a new pair of wheels for my upcoming adventures. Finally putting my SuperValu money to some use! Here they are, the 2011 Mavic Kysirium SL's


I'll be honest. I DO have more news, I know I've been saying this in the last few posts but I'm going to hold back on it for the moment, otherwise I'll have nothing to write about when it comes around! So the plan for the up coming week is, race Tuesday, race Thursday, race Sunday! Fun, fun, and more fun. Excuse any bad grammar. Stay tuned!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment