Saturday, January 24, 2015

A blog from Calpe, seen on anpostchainreaction.com

The first few days at the An Post-ChainReaction team camp have been awesome. It's great to be back out here with all the boys again after some family time at home in Ireland over Christmas/New Year. We are clocking up some quality kilometres to prepare the 2015 season. With the season only about 3 weeks away everyone is looking to out the finishing touches on their condition and this camp looks as if it will be the perfect block we need.
Right now I am really happy! Upon arrival, we received all of our new kit from Onda Sportswear and Nike, and it's fitting like a glove. Just perfect! It is super cool - and with our new team logo, and fluo green design on our casual clothes it definitely stands out from the rest of the teams here at the Diamante Beach! Now I really feel like a part of the team, and when everyone is riding in the same kit it's better for the team morale - as if it wasn't good enough already!
On the road it's great for a young guy to have such experienced guys around like our coach Niko Eeckhout who you can call upon for some advice and tips. I have a lot to learn about racing at this level, and I am very eager to pick at his brain and get as much advice possible to use in the early season. Aidis Kruopis is another experienced rider whom I am learning from, and I look forward to learning more. He rode for many years at WorldTour level and is good enough to win some of the worlds biggest races. He's a super nice guy, and we have a lot of laughs out training. I told him today he needs to teach me how to descend - because he's waiting for everyone at the bottom of every mountain. He's got skills!
Today I am getting a massage from our swanny Hans, and then I have some media work to do for our new video " #weshareourdream " which will be aired online after the camp. Tomorrow we have a nice ride in the mountains planned - and I hear that it's meant to be a hot sunny day. Maybe I'll get my arms out and get rid of this Irish milk bottle tan! Suns out, guns out and all that jazz...
Bye for now!
Eoin McCarthy

No comments:

Post a Comment