Friday, June 8, 2012

Exciting Times Lay Ahead...

Quick update today before things get busy. I am currently in the middle of my last exams "EVER" in school so therefore things are very quiet on the racing front. I have however been training! Not as much as I'd like but just doing enough to keep some sort of fitness. 

However I have raced 2 league races, 1 being a TT and the other is 30km road race where I placed 2nd on both occasions. The TT was held in Patrickswell, Co. Limerick on course #1 of the Cycling Pursuits  Time Trial League, Patrickswell-Croom-Patrickswell (18.5km). I was very excited about the TT which is unusual, but the reason being it was my first proper TT of the season (The other being the short 2-3km TT in Ulster) and I was interested to see how it would feel. I had been working on my TT position and got to put it to use by placing 2nd with an average speed of 43.4km/h with a time of 25.05 for the very rolling course (That was with leg warmers, jacket, normal helmet etc..) - It was fun! 

The other race was my local league race in Fermoy. Attacked, attacked again, and again... and after a series of attacks, must have been about 7 brainless attacks I eventually got away and was joined by 2 others. One being a man fresh off the RAS who beat me in the end which is pretty understandable. 

Weather has been generally fantastic in the past month however it.. (See pictures..)

Went from this...
To this!
The last few days have been pissing down with rain. A months worth of rain in 36hrs! I was forced onto the turbo trainer which is always a good motivation test every now and again. So hopefully I will get out tomorrow in some decent weather.

When my tests end I will then for the first time in my life become a full-time athlete - which for me is a very exciting prospect! I will have a week or so to prepare for the Nationals including the Stephen Roche GP on Wednesday the 20th, Friday the 22nd the National TT Champs on my training roads in Cahir and then the National RR Champs on Sunday the 24th of June. It's not ideal but it is what it is now! A week following the Nationals I will be on my travels. Back to the school of hard knocks that is - Belgium! 

Until next time,

Eoin




No comments:

Post a Comment