Thursday, June 2, 2011

A new experience, in a new country..

Hello everyone, this update is to announce the news I've been blabbing on about for the last few weeks so here it is..

Nice piece in the local newspaper
I am going to Belgium ! I'll be racing in the famous colours of the "Asfra Flanders Racing Team" who are based in Oudenaarde, East Flanders. I'll be going over from the 7th - 20th of June and possibly longer. This all came about around a month ago when I started talking to the guys at the team, hence why I've been really busy getting everything organized, training etc.. Bloody harder than you'd think getting prepared!



While there I plan to do 5 or 6 races (Juniors are restricted to 3 a week) along with some training with some of the team. I'll find out the criteria when I arrive! I know a few lads who live in Belgium so hopefully I can meet with them for a ride and maybe race against them at some point. Although I'm only going for 2-3 weeks and might find it hard to get into the swing of things, it will be a great experience. The reason I'm only going for that short space of time is because I'm planning to be home well in time for the "Junior Tour of Ireland" which starts on the 12th of July. After the Junior Tour hopefully I will head back to Belgium to do some more racing and try to live the dream for a while before coming home again to race the "Junior Tour of Wales" in August as well as the "Suir Valley 3-day". While in Oudenaarde I will be living in the team house with a couple of other lads, so this should also be an interesting experience.

I've dusted down the bike box and I'm super excited and motivated about this opportunity I'm been given, really can't wait race out there and see what it's like! While there, hopefully I can continue to write my blog's to inform everyone how things are going. Wish me luck, more than likely I'll need it!


model1

Now, with a few days before I go I am really ill. I have been diagnosed with an "upper respiratory tract bacterial infection" and started taking antibiotics to treat it on Tuesday. Not ideal at all! My throat is absolutely killing me and my body is run-down so I've been wrapped up at home trying to recover all week, really not good. Hopefully I can shake this before I head off and get a out on a ride as I've been off the bike now for 4 days. Fingers are crossed..

6gkir.jpg
Packing up my troubles in my old kit bag!

 Until next time - Stay tuned!

Eoin

No comments:

Post a Comment