Thursday, March 3, 2011

Busy Weekend Ahead!

Hello, how is everyone doing? Wow, this is hard. What to write and say, hard work these blogs! So lets get started. Since Monday I've been recovering, training, physio etc.. the usual really! School has been depressing this week as I've seen one of my fellow squad members after moving to Belgium and I'm stuck in St.Colman's. Oh how I'd love to be finished! This week I've been thinking a lot about my performance at the Lacey Cup also and in reflection I'm pretty happy with it. Have to take into consideration who I was riding against and how challenging the race was being up the road from the start, but enough about that, lets move on...

This weekend is going to be a real busy one for me. On Saturday Cycling Ireland are holding an Elite & Development track day at Sundrive road Velodrome, Dublin. This is something I'm looking forward to as the Juniors will be coming together as a squad for the first time apart from a few that cannot make it, obviously. So I have to be in Dublin on Saturday morning at 9.30 to get a track bike set up for me and so I can be accredited on the track itself. Must be 3 or 4 years since the last time I was on the track so I'm excited to get back on it and do something different!
When the track session is finished I'll be making my way to Killarney for "The Script" live at the INEC. This is something I've been looking forward to for a long time as they are probably my favorite band and that will be a chill-out night for me and hopefully a good night with everyone.

The plan for Sunday then is to race the Cycling Pursuits Cup in Broadford, dependent on how I'm feeling after all the travelling the day before etc.. From what I've heard its a tough course with a lot of climbing and I suppose thats good as it splits the field up a lot more, but it certainly won't be easy to be there in the end! Again Tommy Campbell has written a great piece on Irish Cycling on the race: http://www.irishcycling.com/publish/news/art_5415.shtml

Course Profile

Course Map

I'm excited about racing again and this time the race isn't tun on the handicap basis so there will be 3 separate races. We'll see what happens, I might not be racing at all!

So this was just a quick update on everything really, I know, I know it was useless but what can I do! Better than nothing eh? Ok so stay tuned for more updates soon. Thanks for reading.

Eoin

No comments:

Post a Comment