Thursday, March 31, 2011

News, Silver Pail Build-Up etc..

Hello, so to start things off I'd like to mention that this blog has become a twice weekly kind of thing, basically the build up a day a two before the race then a race report. How is everyone finding that? Opinions please? I find this method easiest, especially with school, and also it gives me a lot more to write about (Not saying I always have a lot to write about). So this week has been a really long one, didn't seem to go by as fast as most weeks do. Training-wise its been a good week. Got a chance to get out on the road today which is great, gets annoying sitting on the turbo all the time and also the weather has continued to be great which is a massive bonus! So not that much to report on this week. Let's hope next week is more exciting!

This weekend I'll be racing my home race, The Silver Pail GP. This is something I'm very excited about, always gives you a bit more motivation racing on home soil and on your training roads. Last year I was 2nd in the A3 category but this year I'll be racing in a different category, so that rules out the chance of going one place better. The A1&2 race is what I'll be doing and after my experience of it last weekend in Limerick, I'm quite looking forward to it! Before last year I never seemed to have any luck in this race, with a crash in the Youth Olympic Qualifier in 2009 and a few years before a brake calliper falling off, strange thing to happen? Yes! But it has happened on more than one occasion, very surprisingly! It also happened in the Corkman last year on the first stage. Anyways I'll talk about that another time, back to my story. So I hope to have good luck this Sunday as a result would be fantastic. Touch wood! According to Tommy Campbell, who writes his weekly round-up with Irishcycling.com I am one of the ones to watch, Thanks for that Tommy, was delighted to see the mention. Here it is :

"Word on the grapevine tells me if the bookies show up! Have an each way on Eoin McCarthy of the promoting club and David O'Connor of the Park Cycling Club in Dublin. Mind you, I said each way."


The rest of his round-up is in the link below, great read and all the race details for Sunday are mentioned if anyone is interested. Let's hope everything goes well!

http://www.irishcycling.com/publish/news/art_5466.shtml

2nd Place Last Year

So to finish this off, firstly I'd like to say thanks for reading. Quite a short update but it's harder to sit a write these damn things than a lot of people think. Sunday/Monday night I should have the race report up and hopefully I'll be pleased! Stay tuned!

Some Pictures from the Des Hanlon and Ras Luimni courtesy of Amy-Norah Farrell and Vincent "Puka" O'Connor.

Me(Left) and Shaun Rigley(Right) Lining out the Peleton in the
neutralized section of the Des Hanlon in Carlow! Ha 

At the start line at The Ras Luimni last weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment