Friday, March 25, 2011

WattBike Testing and Other News..

Hello everyone, been very quiet as of late mainly because theres not much to talk about and I don't like writing pointless blogs, makes sense doesn't it? Anyway this week has been easy enough the training wasn't overly hard because of the Watt test at the end of the week, and of course I wanted to be in decent shape for it. So in the days leading up to it I tried to rest as much as I could, eat well etc etc.. I also had a physio session yesterday which was interesting. Found out the reason for my cramping in the last few km's of the Des Hanlon and were working to sort that out!

Now lets get on to the most interesting part of the week, the WattBike test I had this evening with Martin O'Loughlin in Clonmel. Of course I was early, as always. I find it better to get to places nice and early, gives you time to relax and get ready at a chilled out speed instead of rush! So I got time to watch Richard Hooton, who is part of the u23 squad, do his test and I definitely felt his pain. So after doing a minor warm up, Martin fitted my pedals on the bike and fixed the saddle height etc.. Then I continued my warm up before the first test which was the max. spin test. After that came the max. power test and finally the 3 minute power threshold test and obviously there was time gaps between them all. The 3 minute test really does look a lot easier than it is, and it was one of the longest 3 minutes of my life, and the last 30 seconds were a killer! Overall I'm really satisfied with my results and it was a good experience! Thanks again to Martin for taking the time out to do the test for us.

PAIN!


The plan for the weekend is pretty simple, training and relaxing tomorrow and racing on Sunday. This Sunday is the Ras Luimni is Caherconlish, Co. Limerick. For us the race is 75km but its hard to call on what way it will pan out. Breakaway or not? So the camper club will be on the road again. Dion, Jack, Lil' Davy and Myself will all be racing. Jacks first race ever and the lads first race of the season, so hopefully we'll have a good day!

Thats all for now sorry for the lack of exciting blogs. Believe me if I had something interesting to say I would say it, until next time - Stay tuned!

Eoin

No comments:

Post a Comment