Thursday, February 24, 2011

Almost Race Time..

Hello there people. To say the least the last few days have been boring. Other than doing my bit on the bike I've just been lazing around on the couch. Exciting! Been for two physio sessions this week after my crash last Sunday in Mayo. Everything is relatively ok, apart from a possible hairline fracture in the elbow and muscle spasms on the whole right side of my body. But things are starting to look up. Muscles and cuts aren't as sore but I can definitely feel the elbow, but thank god for Savlon healing cream! I also went to the cinema yesterday and saw "Never Say Never 3D". Really great movie, shows people that any dream can come true. Bravo Bieber!

With the first race of the season only a few days away I said I better give an update in the case I mightn't be able to before the event, and with over 100 people racing last year the general feeling is that it's going to be bigger this year. It's the normal, apparently challenging course that goes from Tralee to Camp, Annauscaul and Inch and back into Tralee and with 3 former winners taking part this weekend it look's to be a great race. The race itself is a combined one, meaning that it is one big race (handicapped). There will be four groups with the first group of Category 4, followed by Cat. 3, @ 5 mins., Cat 2 @ 6 mins and the final group of elite riders will start 7 mins behind the Cat. 4 group. Enough on race details from me. If you want more details on the race Tommy Campbell of Cycling Ireland has a great preview on the race on his weekly "Weekend Round-up". Here it is - http://www.irishcycling.com/publish/news/art_5405.shtml 



Last years winner Sean Lacey



Paidi O'Brien could be racing this weekend
after spending the last number of years
racing on the continent with "An Post"


As you can see from my previous few blogs I'm really exited about the racing season kicking off. It's about time! Sick of riding my garden gate Lapierre and can't wait to get on the newly painted Trek. Speaking of Trek's look at this picture I've attached. Found this on Facebook, these packages await the Trek-Livestrong u23 team as they arrive at their camp . Wish Cycling Ireland could start to introduce some similar packages. 

Nice eh?


So, for now I'm going to leave ye. Might be another update before the race if anything pops up. Stay tuned!

Eoin

No comments:

Post a Comment