Thursday, February 17, 2011

Solid Weeks Training, Only a week to go!


Hello everyone, been a few days. The last few days have been great, got some really solid training in and hope to continue it this weekend. This week just involved some rollers and turbo sessions, which were pretty nasty as I'm pretty tired but I got them all done and I'm really satisfied with the week. An observation I've made this week is, I wear Lycra nearly 24/7. I wear it when I'm training and when I'm not I'm wearing my skins for recovery. Just something I've been thinking about. Weird? Yes! Just thought I'd throw that in.

Anyway, this weekend I'm travelling to Mayo with my Dad, Dion and my cousin David. The lads are taking part in the European Youth Olympic Games (EYOF) training camp which will be an aid for selection for the event further on in the year. I'm bringing the bike and I plan to do my weekends training up there. I think it would be a great idea to get away from the normal spins I've been doing all winter. I hope to ride some of the Junior Tour routes from last year. I'll have to look a little more into that and study them a bit more, just to make sure I don't get lost but I very much doubt that will happen. With the season only over a week away, a weekend away from home would be perfect for me and could be beneficial towards the end of the year. Change of plans, again, The PJ Logan Cup is not on the 27th of February but March instead so that means I'll be racing the Lacey Cup in Tralee. Looking forward to see if my hard work is really paying off when it matters!

Also this week the 3 time Tour Champion Alberto Contador has been dropped of all charges following his positive test for the banned substance "Clenbuterol". As far as I know Clenbuterol is a weight loss and muscle gaining drug. Contador tested positive for 5 pictograms (0.00000000005) of the substance during the 2010 Tour. A lot of people have very strong opinions on this case. Did anyone ever stop and consider that he may actually be telling the truth? He may be innocent? I can also understand all the suspicions of a blood transfusion. But, in my opinion, I believe he is clean. I also thinks it great for the sport that all charges have been dropped, but thats just me! What are your opinions?


So were leaving for Mayo tomorrow afternoon, hopefully a good weekend ahead. The "Windy Gap" awaits! Anyway I better get some sleep in as I'm wrecked, just said I better give a quick update of how things are going for me and hope to update again very soon. Stay tuned!

Eoin

No comments:

Post a Comment