Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pre-Camp Update

So, I might not have the most news in the world at the minute but please keep reading. More exiting stuff will come, I promise!

The last few days have been busy been running around from place to place doing some turbo and roller sessions and a road session today. Yesterday, Wednesday, I was really exited as I was getting my racing bike back with all new components. I think I was looking forward to The groupset the most as it was new and I've been using Campag my whole life. So, just as I was riding it for the first time I must have moved 100 metres or less and a cable pulled from the rear derailuer, so no use of the gears and to make things worse I was going uphill on a 52/14, was great fun. Straight back to the bikeshop to get it fixed, Was disappointed he didn't fix it on the spot as I planned on going on a spin the next morning. Wasnt left with too much time before we left for Tyrone.

The plan was I would get it early this morning so I would get the chance to get a ride on it before the weekend. In case people are wondering I wasn't in school today as there was a retreat on and I figured taking a day off and getting a ride in would be a lot more beneficial. When I woke this morning my bike was back up and ready for me (Thanks Dad) and couldn't wait to get out. So I ate breakfast and headed out around 11ish and the weather was great, rain and wind, just the way I like it. So since I didn't have a computer on the bike I planned a route that would take me the time I had set out to do. The first few kilometres were strange riding the SRAM gruppo but after the first half hour everything was fine. Really great feeling being back on the carbon bike and even tho I didn't have a computer I felt like I was going a lot faster. Got some steep hills in today and also some long draggy ones, But most of the spin was relatively flat.

At the moment I'm resting up and really looking forward to the weekend. We should be leaving early tomorrow as it's a 5-6hour journey, since I have the 3G set up on the iPad it shouldn't be too bad as I can use the internet the whole way up. After this weekend there's only 2 weeks left until the season kicks off, with the Lacey Cup in Tralee being the first race on the calendar. Exiting stuff!

More posts to follow over the coming days on how things are going at the camp.. Stay Tuned!

Eoin

No comments:

Post a Comment