Sunday, February 13, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy...



Hello there people. It's Sunday evening already, how depressing! In bad need of a few "lie in's"! Roll on next week. Had a tough week, on and off the bike. Just been going, going, going and I'm pretty tired now I must say. But thats nothing a good nights sleep and rest day can't fix.

Yesterday I had a decent enough lie in needed it after a tiring week. Got up around 10 or so for breakfast and got out on the bike at roughly 11.30-12ish. The ride was great enjoyed it a lot, but had a bit of "Deja Vu". Anyone remember my blog update when I talked about how for the first half of the spin I was flying with a tailwind and then turned and hit a savage headwind, well ya, that's exactly what happened yesterday. But one thing I was really happy about is I could actually see as the rain stayed away. Also I didn't have to clean my bike much which was great, for once! Overall I was and still am really pleased with the ride, was suffering a little on the climbs in the last half hour but I guess no pain, no gain! After the ride I just relaxed for the night, got a bit of work done. Also measured up my bike for the rider info and bike info profiles. All that's left now is to find someone who has Microsoft Excel so I can edit it and send it away.

Today was a completely different day than yesterday, to say the least. I traveled to Kanturk at 8.30am this morning to observe a selection ride for the underage riders which contained my brother Dion(u13) and cousin David(u16). The selection was for the upcoming EYOF Games camp in Castlebar next weekend for u14 & u16 riders. After their ride I planned on riding home. Of course the weather was great right until.. I decided to leave, typical! A big black cloud loomed in the distance, I was just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. But, when I felt a few raindrops leaving Kanturk it was then I knew I was in for it. I wasn't 10km into the spin and it absolutely lashed out of the heavens. Bit of a reminder of Omagh last weekend. Usually I don't mind the rain but when it's cold and so is the rain it's not so pleasant. For a few hundred metres I also had hailstones hitting my face, ouch! So this "shower" lasted for maybe 15 minutes and then it stopped. As you can probably tell I wasn't happy. Freezing and drenched and still had the majority of the spin to ride. Wasn't one of my most enjoyable rides I must say, but I guess that's the joys of living and cycling in Ireland!

Well that was just a quick update on how my weekend went. As the title says I'm busy, busy, busy so I better  get going. Another update in the next few days, stay tuned!

Eoin




All the best to the An Post lads who are riding the Tour of Oman Tuesday! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment