Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1-1/4" = Problem...

So it's been a hectic few days but I better update this oul' yoke (Keep the hundreds of fans happy, you know!)ha ha. But anyway things have been good, been tipping away with the training. I'm doing some nasty turbo sessions to try and sharpen up a bit and looking forward to a easier week next week (hopefully). Really looking forward to the weekend. Been looking for some new training routes, going to try something new if the weather is good!

Anyone ever hear of a 1-1/4" steerer tube top cap? Well neither did lot's of people, and they're, apparently, very hard to get your hands on. So, the problem is I have a stem I got off 'a' website- Not mentioning any names but the advertising was for a 1-1/8" steerer tube, then when I brought it to my local bike shop there was a situation! It was a 1-1/4" stem and they had no 1-1/4" top caps for the headset. So that left me with a problem! I searched the web over and over again for top caps, compressors whatever you like to call them and no sign of a 1-1/4" top cap anywhere. So then after hours of searching I decided I'd buy a new stem. It was probably the easiest option I had and, after all, the stem I had only cost 18 buckeroo's so it wasn't a major loss. So I went for a Ritchey stem with a 1-1/8" top cap with it! Fingers crossed its the right stuff as I plan to have the bike set up and running for Saturday week. Surely I will. No other news I can think of at the moment but when some comes in I'll be sure to post it.

So the Tour Down Under has concluded. With a very deservingly Cameron Meyer winning the GC by +2secs to Matt Goss. Great race to watch as it wasn't just the Cavendish, Greipel show. I loved seeing Michael Matthews and Ben Swift getting on really well. Also Lance's (2nd) retirement was on the headlines. The sport won't be the same without him, Living legend people. Looking forward to the 2011 ProTour season.

So now it's time to sit down and plan out my season and which races I'm doing and which I'm not.

Ciao for now,

Eoin.



Cam Meyer with David(left) and Me(Right) at the Tour of Britain 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment