Friday, January 28, 2011

Back Trouble/Cabin Fever

So, to start of this blogging session off I would like to say I think that, In my opinion, the reigning champion of the Tour de France - Alberto Contador's suspension was harsh. All I have to say about it is, the 0.00000000005 trace of Clenbuterol (which is a drug that strips fat and turns it to muscle as far as I know) really won him the Tour de France, but I guess rules are rules and that's that then, Had to get that out of the way! I reckon he'll be back to win the Tour in 2012. Viva Alberto!

Back trouble, that's the name of this post and it speaks for itself. After a turbo session last night I was after cooling down and getting ready for the shower - normal routine, then I ran up the stairs and disaster struck. I know it sounds so stupid but I felt like a tweak in my back and just instantly thought I'll jump in the shower and it will be fine in the morning! So when I woke up it was worse, up at 7.45 for school and had to skip for today as I struggled to put on my socks. So I've been resting all day, with a hot water bottle and hoping the pain will ease out. It definitely feels better than in did this morning but tomorrows ride is looking doubtful. Hope to just rest it more and get out on the road Sunday. Better listen to the Physio. My physical health is very important and I need it 100% for the camp coming up next week so no point in doing unneeded damage.
As for tonight, in my dedication to cycling and interest in my physical health I skipped a party that I was ment to go to, how good am I! Cabin Fever..

In other news and events my stem has not arrived yet. Was waiting in anticipation all day for it to arrive so I can bring it to Jimmy to finish off. So more than likely it will be here tomorrow. Then I'll get measured and sized up and start using it a bit next week on the lead up to the camp. That's all for the moment, hope everyone is enjoying this.

Ciao for now,

Eoin

No comments:

Post a Comment