Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Spin

Today was a completely different day than yesterday, today was nice, barely any wind and the sun was out tho yesterday brought no problems except for the wind and rain, but I had a run of bad luck. 45km's in I punctured just at the top of probably the hardest climb I had to do, that took 5-10mins to change and I was freezing by the time I got going again, and I was still riding on a tyre that only had maybe 50 psi. Was pretty annoyed! And what makes this all worse is that it wasn't even 10 o clock yet.

Then, things got worse. I cut the spin short as I knew I'd be lucky to get home without puncturing on the same wheel, but no, The front wheel punctured this time. Happy days! I knew I had no more tubes so I took the pressure off the bars and rode as fast as I could to try gain some ground before stopping to ring mammy to collect me! 20 or more cars passed me including the Gardai and no-one even stopped to ask was I ok? What kind of country are we living in! But even with these runs of bad luck I still got a bit of training done.

Good solid week of training put in, Now looking forward to a rest day tomorrow. Back to work again Tuesday. Bye for now!


z27rt.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment