Saturday, January 15, 2011

Solid training day!

Hi guys, been a 2-3 days now since I updated last. Haven't been up to much really, just been in school and doing a bit on the bike! During the week I did some nasty turbo sessions throwing in a bit of Z4 stuff which was pretty tough, but I'm really enjoying the turbo at the moment!

Last night I decided whatever kind of weather there was tomorrow I was definitely going out after all I'm not made of salt but the weather wasn't the way I would have liked it, At all! Raining and very windy. The first half of the spin I was flying, not a worry in the world and a lovely tailwind bringing me along at 35km/h+ with no real effort at all. Then when I swung around on the road and straight away I knew I was in for a tough time! My heart-rate went from Z2 to Z4 very quickly and didn't drop much for the rest of the spin. Was horrible, these gale force-like winds were hitting me knocking me back 3-4km/h at a time. It's days like these that I really wish we had hot sunny weather in Ireland. Today was one of the days that really tested my dedication and I'm really pleased that I got off my ass and did the session! Tough, tough day on the bike. Now it's time to rest, another day of fun tomorrow!

Eoin

No comments:

Post a Comment